Spark Plugs Replacement in Albany
Spark plugs play a vital role in the operation of your vehicle. If they start failing, your vehicle will need to visit your local mechanic to have them replaced. At Adams Autoworx Albany we offer wide range of starting system and engine diagnostics and repairs, including spark plugs replacement. Spark plugs generate sparks that ignite the air-fuel mixture that propels your vehicle – when they malfunction or fail, engine performance will suffer.
Signs That Spark Plugs Are Failing:
- If you hear rattling noises, it could be the spark plugs going bad.
- Reduced engine performance.
- Check engine light is “on” – bad spark plugs will likely cause the computer to illuminate the check engine light.
- Engine misfires can also be caused by bad spark plugs.
Depending on their quality, spark plugs can last from 30,000 miles for copper spark plugs, to three times as much, or 90,000 miles for iridium spark plugs. While it is often possible to drive with failing spark plugs, our mechanics do not advise it. Apart from possible engine misfires, driving with failing spark plugs can cause catalytic converter damage. Replacing catalytic converter is a very expensive repair.
So if your vehicle exhibits any symptoms of failing spark plugs, or it’s been a long time since the spark plugs have been replaced, bring your vehicle to us. Our staff will welcome you and make you feel at home, while our technicians inspect your vehicle and get to the root of the problems it’s exhibiting. We offer local Lyft/Uber so you can go about your day while we are working on your car. With all repairs we offer:
- 36 months / 36,000 miles nationwide warranty
- Original Equipment quality parts
- ASE certified mechanics working on your vehicle
- Free local Uber/Lyft ride (within Albany)
- First Responders and Military discounts
- Complimentary Digital Vehicle Inspection with any repair or service
You can make an appointment on our website, or you can also call us – we are happy to make an appointment on the phone.