Tire Repair in Albany
Welcome to Adams Autoworx Albany, the premier auto repair shop in Albany. In addition to comprehensive auto repair services, we also provide wide selection of new tires, and broad range of tire services.
As part of our tire services, we offer tire repair. Our technicians can inspect the tire, and will let you know if it can be repaired. There are two conditions that prevent us from repairing a tire:
- Damage to the side wall
- When the inner liner is damaged
While we would not be able to repair such tires ( such repairs would be unsafe, and any shop repairing tires under these conditions could not only get fined, but could - and should - lose its license), we do offer wide range of tire replacement choices, including Toyo, Falken, Michelin, and Continental, to name just a few.
When we do repair a leaking tire, it goes through a multi-step process:
- Overall tire inspection – on the outside.
- Dismount the tire.
- Inspect the inner liner – if the inner liner is damaged, the tire cannot be repaired. We also check for damage to the side wall, since if side wall is damaged, we cannot repair the tire.
- Find source of the leak.
- Remove source of the leak (nail, etc.).
- Clean / buff out inner lining cords.
- Plug / patch up the hole.
- Seal with liquidized rubber.
- Mount tire on the wheel.
- Inspect tire after mounting.
- Mount the wheel on the car.
Under normal circumstance tire repair – from start to end – takes about 30 minutes. We offer a comfortable waiting room while you wait. If you find a leak in one or more of your vehicle’s tires, call Adams Autoworx in Albany – we are happy to be of service.