Check Engine Light Diagnostics and Repair in Albany, CA
Welcome to Adams Autoworx – Albany. Out nationally ASE certified technicians are looking forward to servicing your vehicle. We offer check engine light diagnostics and repair in Albany, because most vehicle owners will encounter the infamous “check engine light”.
There are literally hundreds of conditions that can cause the “check engine” light to illuminate. Many of them are fairly benign, but there are some that can lead to extensive damage and very expensive repairs. That’s why our technicians combine their experience with state-of-the-art digital diagnostic tools, as well as extensive training, to professionally diagnose the root cause of the check engine light illuminating.
While sometimes one is lucky, and a simple gas cap replacement makes the check engine light go away, in most cases it will take a professional to trace the check engine light to a specific subsystem, and a specific component of that subsystem. Using professional level diagnostic tools helps, but ultimately it’s the skill and experience of the technician that will win the day.
Top 5 causes of the Check Engine Light coming on:
- Faulty gas cap – sometimes vehicle owner just gets lucky – this is definitely one of those cases.
- Spark plugs failing – all it takes is replacing spark plugs and the wires.
- Mass Airflow Sensor failure – this is a pretty straightforward repair, and not terribly expensive.
- Oxygen Sensor failure – this one can cause problems with the catalytic converter if it is not addresses in a timely manner.
- Catalytic Converter failure – this is a major repair – California has very stringent air quality standards, and, by extension, stringent standards when it comes to catalytic converters.
What to do when the Check Engine Light comes “on”?
There are three cases, and they necessitate different level of response on you part:
- If the check engine light is illuminated, but not flashing, and the car is running normally, you are in luck. You can drive your car home, and call us for an appointment next day. But please, do not wait weeks or months to call – driving with the “check engine” light “on” can cause expensive damage to your vehicle.
- If the check engine light is illuminated (with steady illumination), but the engine is running rough, you should look for the nearest repair shop and take your car there. If you are far away from a repair shop, have your car towed – it’s safer for the vehicle.
- If the check engine light is flashing on-and-off, stop as soon as it is safe to do so. Do not drive your car anymore – have it towed to our Albany repair facility. This scenario can result in very expensive damage if you continue driving your car.
Once you bring your vehicle to Adams Autoworx – Albany, we will perform professional diagnosis and let you know exactly what caused the “check engine” light to come on. For any repairs we perform, we will also provide:
- 36 months/36,000 miles nationwide warranty
- Discounts for the Military and First Responders
- Original Equipment quality parts
- Nationally ASE certified technicians working on your car
- Same day service completion (in most cases).
So if the check engine light comes on, give us a call. We can inspect and diagnose your vehicle and will let you know exactly what it will take to fix it. As a bonus, we will provide you with the results of a complimentary Digital Vehicle Inspection, so you will have a clear understanding of the overall health of your vehicle.
We offer online appointments, or simply call us at the shop.