Wheel Alignment in Albany, CA
Most of us think of wheel alignment when we buy new tires. But driving conditions around the Bay Area – potholes, bumps, and roadwork - necessitate more frequent alignments. At Adams Autoworx – Albany we recommend yearly wheel alignment check. This can be done along with oil service, so there is no need for a separate appointment. If it turns out that your vehicle does need wheel alignment, we can take care of it during the same visit.
There are many common events that can knock the wheels out of alignment – if you drive over a big pothole, or your vehicle hits a curb, it is likely to need wheel alignment. Even bumping into a parking stall can sometimes cause the wheels to go out of alignment. Fortunately, at our Albany auto repair facility we use a modern alignment machine that can detect misalignment as slight as 1/100th of a degree.
Driving with wheels out of alignment can result in significantly faster tire wear, decreased ride comfort, and in case of severe misalignment, it can even influence handling of the car. Proper alignment not only mitigates these problems, but also improves fuel economy.
So if your vehicle hasn’t had a wheel alignment in a while, check for following symptoms – any one of them should cause you to take your vehicle for a wheel alignment check:
- The steering wheel is not straight when driving on a straight roadway
- Car pulls to one side
- You experience vibration when turning
- Tire tread is wearing unevenly
Our nationally ASE certified technicians follow a straightforward process when checking your vehicle for misalignment:
- We first check all tires for tread wear – in particular, we look for uneven tire wear.
- We then assess suspension and steering components.
- Finally, we check tire alignment and compare it to manufacturer’s guidelines.
Only then, if our inspection shows it’s necessary, we will inform you that alignment needs to be done, and if you approve, we will proceed with the wheel alignment.
All work performed at Adams Autoworx – Albany comes with:
- Complimentary digital vehicle inspection with service or repairs
- 36 months/36,000 miles warranty
- In most cases, same day service completion
- Military and First Responder discounts
- Original Equipment Sourced/Supplier or better parts
- Nationally ASE certified technicians working on your car
So if your vehicle exhibits any of the symptoms described above or something just doesn’t seem “quite right”, call Adams Autoworx in Albany, and have a professional inspect your vehicle. For your convenience we offer online appointments, or you can simply call us at the shop.